Field Research Technician (340540)
Join our team! We are accepting applications for this full time, year-round position. Work with our dynamic team of researchers at the University of Minnesota that perform cutting edge research on crops such as sugarbeets, soybeans, corn, sunflowers, potatoes, and small grain. As a Field Research Technician, you will be improving commercial farming practices through replicated small plot field trials. This person works hands-on with a variety of crops, as well as operates and maintains specialized equipment. If you are ready and looking for a chance to excel look at the list of qualifications below!
- High school graduate or equivalent, and two years related education and/or experience.
- Experience in mechanized agriculture and safe operation of motorized farm equipment, farm background, and farm experience.
- Ability to obtain a Certified Pesticide Applicator License for applying herbicides, fungicides, insecticides, etc.
- Knowledge/ability to maintain and repair farm equipment.
- Evidence of being observant and detail-oriented, following both written and verbal instructions, and being a willing participant in a team atmosphere.
- Use of computer for basic word processing and data entry/analysis.
To view the full position and to apply, go to the University of Minnesota Human Resource page and click on “Search and Apply for Job Posting”. Once logged in, search for job number: 340540. Questions about the job may be addressed to Michael Leiseth at 218.281.8623 or [email protected].
Summer Field Technicians
NWROC is looking for persons 16 years and older to work alongside top class scientists and with their agricultural projects. Utilize the latest field & lab equipment. Work with pride during the months of June, July, and August with little to no weekends, 8:00am-4:30pm. Pay starting at $15. No experience required. This type of work looks great on a resume for college or applying for another job! Download the application form (PDF).